The Center for People With Disabilities
“It has helped me and my family so much financially, and having the peace of mind just knowing that I’m not dealing with a stranger in my home – that my spouse is my caregiver….well, there’s no way to put a price on that!”
Most Veterans who work with us end up living independently for years. We can help you live a rich, full life in your community and do the things you love.
Am I A Good Fit For VIP?
If the following sounds like you, you may be a good fit for the Veteran’s Independence Program:
- I live on the Front Range of Colorado, northeastern Colorado, southern Wyoming, or western Nebraska.
- My disability impacts my daily living activities.
- I’m on VA medical benefits.
- I’m a self-starter and value independence greatly.
- I’m tired of others making choices for me and have the capacity to control my own care.
- I want to stay home with family – and out of assisted living homes.
- I’m willing to make an effort to live a more independent day-to-day life.
- I might have a family member or service provider already in mind.
A Note for Authorized Representatives
The Veterans Independence Program is also accessible to eligible Veterans who don’t have the capacity to self-direct their care. In this case, the Veteran would designate someone as an Authorized Representative to act on their behalf and assist in the decision-making process. If you are an Authorized Representative for a Veteran and are interested in learning more about the VIP program, we’d love to hear from you.
Note: The Authorized Representative is not a paid position and cannot be the same person as the paid caregiver
How will I benefit from VIP?
You, the Veteran, are able to tailor this program to fit your needs. As the “captain of the boat,” you’ll get to:
Choose who you hire as a caregiver and how much they are paid.
Select support services that feel like the right fit for you.
Save money for equipment and residential modifications.
What should I do next?
At CPWD, we're here to guide and support you every step of the way. We'll explain the process of getting a referral through your local VA. If you're interested in VIP, contact us using the form below to get started.
(303) 442- 8662
VIP Services Area: The Center for People with Disabilities (CPWD) serves parts of Colorado, Wyoming, and Nebraska.
Follow us on social media