The Center for People With Disabilities
CPWD stands with Black Lives Matter!
People with disabilities are equal and important members of our community and society. CPWD helps provide the support and services they need to live fulfilling, independent lives.
At CPWD, we value community, sharing, learning, growing and working together so that every person can achieve fulfillment and independence. We welcome your participation.
Independent Living not only means equal rights, but also equal responsibility for citizens. Independence implies managing success as well as coping with challenges.
The Center for People with Disabilities works so that people with disabilities may live independently. We believe that there is nothing more disabling than pity. CPWD’s goal is an integrated community that equally welcomes all members. Please consider making a gift today!
COVID-19 Update - July 1, 2020
CPWD is OPEN and here to assist you!
As of July 1, 2020, we will begin offering limited In-Person Services to consumers who must meet in person. CLICK HERE to get details about In-Person Services.
We continue to offer strong support through phone and video conferencing. Following is a partial list of some services and how to connect with us and get assistance. Please contact us with any of your independent living needs.
- Independent Living Services: Independent Living Advisors are here to help you navigate these times and continue with your independent living goals. We can offer support by phone, email or video conferencing such as Zoom or Google Hangouts. To get assistance, please call our main number (303) 442-8662 or email [email protected] and we will get back to you asap, usually within 1 business day.
- Peer Support Groups: Daily Virtual Peer Support Groups will occur Mon-Thurs at 2PM and Fridays at 10AM. Call (303) 442-8662 or email [email protected] to be connected to a Peer Support Group.
- Veterans Services: If you are a Vet and need independent living assistance, please call or email and we will do everything to assit you. Vetera[email protected] or (303) 790-1390 x205.
- Employment Services: If you are seeking any kind of employment services or support, please call (303) 761-1345 and will we set up a virtual appointment to assist you.
- Visual Impairment or Blind Services: Our Beyond Vision Peer Groups will continue virtually either over phone or video conferencing. Please contact your Beyond Vision Coordinator by emailing [email protected] or calling (720) 526-2804to get connected to virtual Peer Groups.
- Updates and Livestream Events: Follow us on FaceBook for regular updates, information and Livestream events such as tips and tactics for navigating these times, benefits, and so forth: https://www.facebook.com/CPWD1/
- Information & Referral: Please call or email with any questions about Independent Living, disabilities, or how to navigate these different times: (303) 442-8662 or email [email protected]
- Home Health Services: We continue to provide Home Health Services. Please contact our Home Health Administrator if you need assistance: [email protected]. Also, we are looking for qualified staff, CNAs and Nurses. If you are interested in working with us at this time, please contact [email protected].
We are with you during these different and challenging times. Together, we can continue to build community, assistance and support and ensure our independence! Thank you!
How can we help?
What We Do
The Center for People with Disabilities (CPWD) started in Boulder County in 1977. We are one of over 400 Independent Living Centers across the Nation. CPWD now provides Independent Living Services in five counties, providing core services in Independent Living Skills, Advocacy, Information and Referral, Peer Support and Nursing Home and Youth Transitions. Our staff is available to assist you in developing a plan for achieving…
In the News
In July, CPWD staff participated in and spearheaded an International Conference on disabilities in Armenia. The conference was also supported by the European Union, the Armenian Association of Social Workers, and included a partnership with Unison, the only Armenian...
What is Center for Independent Living and Independent Living Philosophy?
Please watch these videos to learn more about Centers for Independent Living and Independent Living Philosophy!
The Center for People with Disabilities works so that people with disabilities in the greater Boulder-Denver area may live independently. We believe that there is nothing more disabling than pity. People with disabilities are a powerful and significant part of our community, yet, overall, our social roles have been marginalized by bigotry, discrimination, poverty, isolation, dependency and pity. Americans with disabilities have not had the same access to transportation, housing, employment and other public resources as most citizens. Our longterm vision is one of integration and equality.
HAVE A QUESTION?